Tips for beating loneliness
At some point in our lives we may experience loneliness, whether this is due to health reasons, lack of friends living close by, etc and with this in mind, we may be seeking ways to beat this loneliness. Here are some tips to follow:
- Seek support from friends and family and if you feel that you need professional help talk to your GP or one of the many organisations that are out there to support people.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. There is nothing wrong with asking for help when you need it.
- Take care of yourself and don’t neglect your personal appearance at this can make you feel worse about yourself. Treat yourself to getting your nails do, or having your hair done, buying some new clothes, etc.
- Don’t wait for family and friends to contact you. Take the initiative and call round to see them or give them a call.
- Look out for your neighbours who also may be feeling in a similar situation and support each other
- Consider getting a pet such as a dog which you can take out for daily walks at this will get you out of the house where you will meet fellow dog walkers and also give you someone to look after.
- Take up a new hobby so that you have more enjoyment in your life.
Have you got any other good tips that you have used for dealing with loneliness especially during this time when we are all self isolating? Share your suggestions in the comments below.