8 ways to keep yourself calm
By Lucy Calnan
We live in a digital world with a constant bombardment of news bulletins, social media, messages, calls and alerts. This creates a frenzied pressure to keep our fingers on the pulse, which can impact on our sense of calm. With this in mind here are 8 easy ways to help keep yourself calm:
- Limit your time spent on social media and stick to it, even if it seems difficult to do.
- Try practising mindfulness as it helps us to focus, relax and relieve stress.
- Get out and enjoy the nature around you
- Create a list of the jobs/tasks that need doing and then tick them off as you do them
- Keep a diary where you write about any worries, anxieties, stresses that you have as this can help you to relieve your emotions.
- Ensure you get enough sleep each night – the amount of sleep you need may vary from person to person
- Attempt deep breathing as it can help the body to relax
- Have a tech-free space in your home where you can enjoy things like reading a book
Have you got any other ways you keep yourself calm? We would love to hear your suggestions in the comments below.